Thursday, February 21, 2008

Know & Tell Friday (posted early again...maybe I should do this meme on Thursday :)

I am so happy that this meme is finding its place in bloggyville. Thank you to all the women that participate (I don't think I have had any men answer questions yet) weekly, and to all the new women who join in weekly. I really have been encouraged by your answers each week. I hope to get the "Mr. Linky" thing (sorry, I am technically challenged still when it comes to the blog) going, and that would make it easier to link up to each other. For now, please keep leaving a comment that directs others to your blog to see your answers. (For some of the questions, I am still using Poole's book)

Sidenote... If you have not read the post on the new movie I just watched...go down a few posts (Christian Romance one) and view the trailer to the movie I just loved.

Question 1
1. Do you read or study best in silence or in a place with background noise? Why? Generally speaking, I read or study with background noise the best. I think that is because I grew up in a noisy home, and it just stuck.
2. If you were to write a book about your life, what would it be called? Former Pharisee (A different kind of testimony). This title popped into my head years ago... I think the title of my book will change from year to year as I grow in the Lord.
3. (This question is a deep one...I know it should be a bonus, but I already have a few bonus questions chosen for this week) Why do you think divorce is so prevalent? Ouch, I have written about this several times on my blog, but if it had not been for God I would have been divorced (I really do believe that). So, I will answer from my own experience of why I might have been divorced... For me I think the biggest thing was that I was totally focused in on all the things my husband needed to change, or do for me. Everything that went wrong was his fault in my opinion. It was not until God got a hold of me, and showed me that I was the one that needed to change. I needed to take my focus off of my hubby, and focus in on me. When I truly did that I was overwhelmed at how much I needed to change, and I began to see that I was just as responsible for the problems in our marriage, as my hubby was... You cannot change another person... You can only change (with God's intervention) yourself. It was amazing how my changing helped encourage my husband to change too. God gets all the praise for saving this marriage!!!
4. What's the best way to resist peer pressure? Again, I think in my case I can only resist the pressure of my peers if God is in control of my life. For so long (and still at times) I cared more about what people thought of me, than what God did. I would have never admitted that, but the way I was living was telling a different story. When I am encircled with God's love and presence, I care less about what people think and can resist that pressure... if I am disconnected from God I will easily give into that pressure. It is a constant battle.
5. What is the most serious illness or injury you ever faced? I have not really been seriously ill. When I was having my babies my blood pressure was very high, and things if not controlled could have gotten out of hand. When I was little I almost died from choking on a lifesaver (a pharmacist saved my life), and I once was stung by a caterpillar and had a severe allergic reaction that could have probably killed me too.
Bonus Questions
6. When was the last time you felt like you had a laugh with God? When I was growing up I didn't really think of God laughing with us...everything was so serious in my mind. I even thought that some of the Christian comedians that were making jokes about God were sinning... Well, I have matured and I really feel now that God does laugh with us... There is not a specific time that is popping into my mind, but I feel like God laughs with me when I catch myself doing a weird thing that is unique to me. I am just pure strange sometimes, and I think God may find that just as funny as I do. I remember one time when my husband and I were praying (I can't remember the specifics) something was said in our prayers that just made both of us start laughing so hard. We felt like God just waited for us to stop laughing, but that He may have been tickled by our silliness as well.
7. This question was inspired by a friend. My friend went through a very tragic experience, and I so wanted to comfort her, but did not have the words too (GP, right or wrong usage of the too?). I had a conversation with her at a later date and asked her what do you say to someone when they are going through a tragedy, because I know that people say the wrong things even when there intentions were good. So, here is my question.... What do you say to someone who is going through a tragic or hard time? I will leave you with the answer my friend found to be the best... Just tell the person that how ever they are feeling at that particular moment is OK. Simple, but I think that is a great response.

15 comments:

Annie said...

Great questions! I loved your answer to #2. I'd like to hear more about that, sounds similar to my life :)

Irene said...

Hello,
I am glad to be posting again! Have a lovely weekend.

Jodi said...

Great questions again this week! Mine are posted here. Have a blessed Friday!

Dawn said...

These were really good. I like that you posted them early too. :-) Have a great weekend!

The Cooke Family said...

Fwend,

I keep thinking how I would love to sit and answer all these questions, but never have that much time at once to sit at the computer (homeschooling). But how cool would it be for you to start a journal club like you did here, and the ladies sitting sipping coffee in your living room sharing all their answers. I would want to be there. maybe when I move to Little Rock, I can use those mad driving skills of mine and come see you for journal club. If you have it on Friday night, I can stay the night and come home on Sat. It's only a 7 hour drive and I could probably easily do it in 5. : )

Love you girl!

Lana G! said...

Great questions. Have a great week.

http://airmiles.wordpress.com/2008/02/22/know-tell-friday-5/

Anonymous said...

Your questions this week were a good variety. The possible name of your life story is great! I can relate to that one. also I love your journey in being able to laugh with God. Blessings.
If you click on my name you should get directly to my Know and Tell.

KC said...

wonderful questions this week.. I just got my answers up over at my blog. Have a great weekend.

Barbara said...

Awesome questions, was kind of in a hurry, so I didn't answer them as good as I wanted to.
http://downstowngirl.blogspot.com/2008/02/know-tell-friday_22.html

Anonymous said...

Thought-provoking questions as always! My answers are here.

Anonymous said...

Mine are up!

http://memesforlife.blogspot.com/

Be blessed!

Amico Dio said...

I put mine up...

http://www.inpursuitofproverbs31.com/2008/02/know-tell-friday_22.html

Jess said...

Loved your questions this week. And your answer to #3! I've posted my answers. Thanks again and have a blessed weekend.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Great questions. I liked the one of laughing with God. My answers are up to. I really enjoy doing the questionarre.

Lifeless in Ohio said...

I enjoyed your questions again this week. Mine are posted:
http://cricket51.wordpress.com/2008/02/22/know-tell-friday-3/